There are blog posts from my work for ICAO in Namibia. They are grouped:
- The first part included the work to start surveillance operations at Area Control.
- The second part included the work to start surveillance operations at Approach Control.
- The third part was the transfer of skills to DCA/ATS
- The fourth part was advice to DCA managment
- The fifth – and last – part below started in November 2013 as I got a new contract. According to the old contract I was an ICAO Air Traffic Controller and an “OPAS – Operative Assistant” but the new contract made me an advisor for the Air Navigation Services Provider in Namibia. Links to posts from this last period (click on head-lines, not on photos!):
A nice new concept of tranferring knowledge
ICAO lost a Project Coordinator. Namibia lost more…
A flight with a nice aircraft
A small airport in the far northeast
An old tower and a new tower
Finally this function is being created!
The approval – the proof of compliance!
More transfer of knowledge!
These investigations into ATS-related incidents were long overdue when I got the task.
Unfortunately more ICAO staff was leaving the project
The end is in sight and this post looked back at the last year or so…
A post on safety-related tasks during my last weeks in Namibia
Performance Based Navigation – and Namibia Civil Aviation Authority! Hear all about it…
There is a need for improved safety at Windhoek’s city airport…
Everything comes to an end…